The Eight Gates are eight specific points on a person's Chakra Pathway System. They limit the overall flow of chakra within a person's body. The basis for the idea of the chakra gates comes from the body's limits on the functions within it. This makes the body much weaker, but it keeps the body from expiring too soon. By opening these gates, the user can surpass their own physical limits at the cost of extreme damage to their own bodies.
Genin are able to open the first two gates. Chunin, who have advanced in the skill, are able to open up to five. Jonin who have mastered the art of the Eight Gates can access up to seven. The state of having all Eight Gates open is known as Eight Gates Released Formation (Hachimon Tonkō no Jin). But as this form means certain death, the knowledge of how to achieve it has been lost and therefore nobody knows how to do so.
The Gates Edit
- The Gate of Opening (Kaimon), located in the brain. Removes the restraints of the brain. Unlocking this gate allows the user to use the Front Lotus.
- The Gate of Healing (Kyūmon), located in the brain. Forcibly increases one's physical strength and temporarily re-energizes the body.
- The Gate of Life (Seimon), located on the spinal cord. Allows the user to use the Reverse Lotus. The increased blood flow turns the skin red.
- The Gate of Pain (Shōmon), located on the spinal cord. Increases the user's speed and power. May cause muscle tissue to tear on use.
- The Gate of Limit (Tomon), per above. Located in the abdomen.
- The Gate of View (Keimon), per above. Located in the stomach. Allows the user to perform the Morning Peacock. Opening of this gate releases such large amounts of chakra that it can cause nearby water bodies to form a vortex around the user.
- The Gate of Wonder (The Gate of Shock), per above. Located below the stomach. Allows the user to perform the Daytime Tiger. Those who open this gate pour glowing green sweat from every inch of their body, which immediately evaporates from their own heat energy, creating an aura which people would mistake as a green chakra coating. In the video games, allows the user to perform the Eternal Chaotic Dance.
- The Gate of Death (Shimon), located at the heart. Releasing this gate uses up all of the body's energy. It makes the heart pump at maximum power and exceeds the power of every other gate. Opening this gate assures the user's death shortly after.